These types of fans have become a preferred choice for most users and even manufacturers. They are relatively simpler in design, easy to produce and exceptional service delivery.
They offer outstanding aerodynamic properties therefore guaranteeing better air movement in automobiles and other systems. There are various benefits resulting from the usage of these fans when compared other axial fans. Some of these benefits include;
- High energy efficiency; they have constant air flow delivery that enable them generate energy of up to 84% efficiency. Increased efficiency is important for maintenance of bigger air systems.
- They are durable and hence able to operate in areas where corrosion can occur.
- Certain systems can be manufactured to restrict overloading. This prevents the motor from possible damages when overloading occurs.
- They are easier to carry out maintenance, while others have self cleaning characteristics.
- Greater versatility. They can operate in wider range of environments and diverse air flow conditions.
- They can be manufactured in various sizes and thus able to accommodate different applications like those in enclosed places and areas difficult to access.
Selection of Blower Systems
These machines operate with the dependent variables being pressure and flow rate. They operate best as base load machinery where constant pressure is required. Three different types available are;
- low pressure centrifugal blower: Blowers are basically classified by their ability to generate pressure. The low pressure centrifugal blowers have a capacity ranging from 100 CMH to 700,000 CMH. The motor capacity can go up to 400 kw. These industrial blowers are constructed using mild stainless steel. The blades can be radial blade, radial tipped, backward curved, inclined or air flow blades.
- Medium pressure centrifugal blower: They have an air flow capacity ranging from 200cmh – 500,000. Motor power up to 600kw. The centrifugal blower have a RPM variation from 700 to 3000 and constructed with mild stainless steel. These industrial blowers are applied in extraction activities which require moderate pressure.
- High pressure centrifugal blower: These centrifugal blowers achieve operating pressures above 500mmWg,and are applied where low volume and high pressure situations are required. Impellers are usually radial or forward inclined and smaller inlets for lower volume outputs.
Centrifugal Blower Technologies
The technology to apply for centrifugal blowers are largely dependent on the usage. Multistage blowers can effectively be applied in areas such as sewerage treatments for removal of these gases. Geared blowers have very high flow rates and suited for larger plants.
move air in a parallel direction to that of the shaft of fan wheel. The centrifugal fan are also classified according to their pressure ranges. These industrial fans are generally denoted or named using four characteristics which are flow rate, operating pressures, performance and rotation speed.
The range of benefits offered by centrifugal fans is great. Most users prefer these due to factors such as the energy efficiency, durability and ease of maintenance. Selection of the best type of fan to use must be based on the target application of the fans. The equipments are classified into low pressure, medium pressure and high pressure fans depending on pressure which they can achieve during operation.